Payment and insurance
We will submit all claims directly to your insurance carrier. Your insurance may require a co-pay which we will collect at the time of the visit. We will bill you directly for any portion of your bill not covered by your insurance company.
If you have any questions regarding your insurance or your bill, our business office is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and can be reached at 952-992-5560.
If your child has received a referral from your PIP provider, please contact your insurance company to make sure the specialist that you will be seeing is covered, and that they are on your child’s health plan network.
Financial assistance is available for families through Children’s Minnesota.
- Children’s Financial Counseling, including links to the some of the forms below in Spanish, Hmong, and Somali.
- Financial assistance programs at Children’s
- Financial assistance calculator
- Financial Assistance application form and Frequently Asked Questions.
- Income eligibility guidelines
Some things you should know about insurance coverage:
- Supplies, splints, hearing and vision exams are often not covered by insurance.
- Mental health benefits may be different than medical benefits. Common conditions such as ADD, ADHD, developmental delays, learning disorders, depression, autism, anxiety, and others are usually considered under the mental health benefits of an insurance plan.
- Warts and ear cleaning may be considered “invasive procedures” by insurance companies, and paid at a different rate than other services.
- Dietician visits may also be covered at a lesser rate depending on your specific insurance plan.
- Sutures are considered a surgical procedure by insurance plans, and may be paid at a different rate than other services.
Well child exam insurance and billing information
Sometimes in the course of a well child exam we may find and diagnose problems, or we may manage a condition which has already been diagnosed. When this happens, we are required to report these services to your insurance company, too. Your insurance company may charge a copay for these services or ask you to pay an additional out-of-pocket amount. If you have an insurance policy that includes a deductible for certain services, such as lab work, you will be billed for whatever portions your insurance company applies to your deductible.
We prefer to perform pre-operative exams separately from well child exams so we can dedicate the visit to a complete and thorough assessment of your child in preparation for surgery and general anesthesia. We will be happy to see your child on a different day for a well child exam.
We participate with these insurance companies – but the list can change – so please contact your insurance provider for the most current information.
- America’s PPO
- Aetna (most plans)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Choice Care Humana
- Health Partners (We do not participate with Health Partners Classic or Select)
- Health Partners Care
- Medica (most plans)
- Minnesota Medical Assistance/Minnesota Care and their prepaid health plans
- Medica Choice Care
- Patient Choice
- Preferred One (most plans)
- Select Care
- Tricare (Champus)